10 life hacks for a trip to the Azores
The Azores are an archipelago in the Atlantic ocean that is literally awash in flowers and greenery…
The mountains offer views of clear lakes, hot springs, geysers, black volcanic beaches, flooded craters of volcanoes and crystal clear ocean waves.
An archipelago in the Atlantic ocean, which is literally buried in flowers and greenery
And most importantly-there are not many tourists in the Azores, no one will interfere with a quiet rest alone with nature.
Interested? Here are 10 life hacks that will make travel easier.
1. There are no direct flights to the Azores. The easiest way to plan a flight with a connection in Lisbon, Porto or Frankfurt. Of all these cities, Ryanair flies — if you’re lucky, you can buy tickets cheap.
2. It is best to go to the Azores in the spring or autumn — flocks of whales pass through the Islands. And the chances of seeing the largest mammal on the planet are huge!
3. In quiet water without waves, whales behave calmly. Yes, and it is easier to see them in such conditions. Study the weather forecast in advance and plan to go out to the ocean on a Sunny day.
4. Going to the whales alone is not a good idea. It is much better to negotiate with a seasoned local who is familiar with the habits of animals and has the necessary equipment.
5. Even if you are sure that you are not afraid of seasickness, take a pill for motion sickness before going out to the ocean.
6. And don’t forget about sunscreen. It’s easy to get burned on a Sunny day.
7. Azores will not leave fans of gastrotourism indifferent either. That only is dish Cozido-das-Furnas! Imagine, three types of meat, two types of sausages, potatoes, cabbage and carrots are stacked in layers in a huge pot, and then… they are buried in the ground among the Smoking fumaroles of the city of Furnas. Here you will have lunch and a cooking show.
8. On the Azores is the only tea plantation in Europe, where you can freely walk. Don’t miss this opportunity! And needless to say, tea is the main souvenir that tourists take home.
9. Do you want to completely immerse yourself in the local lifestyle? Stop living on a farm. Yes, the real thing, with cows and goats and fresh milk in the morning. The authentic atmosphere will help you feel the Azores as much as possible.
10. Weather on the Azores is unpredictable. Bring a raincoat and always carry it in your backpack.